Monday, December 23, 2019

A Queer Train of Thought


 I suppose that the knowledge of foreign languages remarkably enriches one's mind. The ground for comparison is always an asset. I have many such assets. The knowledge of Japanese made me infinitely and ultimately sage :-)))))))))))))))))))))). If seriously, extra knowledge on the same subject always helps to gain a deeper insight into it.
For instance, I've had two marriages and several women. I've got what to compare. I see the strong and weak points of my wife. And ... I love her all the more. Compared to my other women she is a very positive specimen with lots of advantages and few drawbacks which I try to ignore.
I've been to another woman last night. No, there was no sex between us or anything. Just talking and drinking wine. It's that same woman I described in my story "The sofa". What a fine human being my wife is compared to that woman. My wife is clever, reliable, consistent and predictable. She gave birth to clever children. She is realistic and unenvious. No morbid ambitions and no desire to get up and into the midst of "fat cats" and "masters of life". She is happy with what little she has. She is happy to have our small house, our normal children, (not in or after prestigious universities abroad), an old trashy car (no lust for a posh thing). She seldom pesters me with financial requests, never rebukes me for not earning big bucks. She knows that earning much in an honest way is impossible. And she knows that I am basically and honest person, and respects me for this. What a stark contrast to that woman, who wants piles of dough, luxury things, little or no work and never-ending pleasures. She drinks. Looks like she is becoming an alcoholic. Practically each time she calls me, she is "merry". Yes, we were very close in our youth and I noticed those tendencies in her back then. Thank God, I didn't marry her. That would be a terrible disaster to me. Living with her would be an ordeal, separating with her would be a terrific torture. So it goes.... I started with languages and ended up with marriages... A queer train of thought, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Abacus

  It hurts. It hurts deeply —mentally, psychologically, and in some other way that's hard to describe. B...